Well, our web designer (and daughter) suggested we needed to discuss our philosophy to ranching. We believe we have a collective of philosophies:
1. Work hard and give your stock the best care possible
2. Focus on producing healthy calves - that means proper feed and vaccinations for the cow, moderate birthweight bulls, consistent oversight to the calves who can get themselves in a peck of trouble pretty quickly.
3. Treat your customers as you would want to be treated - be honest at all times.
4. Make sure you understand what your customers are looking for so that you provide an animal they will value.
5. Always seek to improve your bloodlines and consider the investment well spent.
6. Make time for 4H/FFA kids - a reasonable price for a steer can make a difference for them.
7. Ensure you are knowledgeable about the breed and can market it effectively.
8. Ensure you know your stock and can speak to the merits of each.
9. Cull any animals that don't meet your performance criteria and focus on continuous improvement
10. Be available to help those getting started with the breed.
As we think of others, we will add them. If you have any suggestions, let us know.